The honey in these muffins give them a unique and delicious taste. One of the reasons I love this recipe is because it tastes great with any berry! I chose to make these with blackberries, but I also love them with blueberries or even chopped fresh peaches. This is a one bowl recipe, which saves you doing some dishes, yay!
Making these muffins are so easy! Whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream, milk, brown sugar, honey and vanilla until smooth. Then sprinkle the dry ingredients evenly over the top and mix with a spoon or rubber spatula.
Chop the blackberries finely with a knife, and don’t forget to add the leftover juices! If you are adding blueberries, you can skip this step. I mainly only chop up blackberries and raspberries or other larger fruits.
Fold the blackberries into the batter evenly.
I like to use an ice cream scoop for this part. You scoop the batter into a muffin tin that has been greased or lined with muffin liners. I like to fill the liners to the top!
Bake at 425 degrees for FIVE minutes only, to ensure the tops rise and don’t spread too much. Then turn the temperature down to 350 to continue baking them. Cool for five minutes in the pan and then finishing cooling on a cooling rack!
Honey & BlackBerry Muffin Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil / melted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream / yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2-3/4 cup blackberries (or any berry you love!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together the oil, brown sugar, honey, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and milk. Sprinkle the dry ingredients(flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger) over the wet ingredients evenly, and then stir in to combine. A few small lumps are okay but you want the batter to be relatively smooth.
- Chop the blackberries finely (see photos above. Only chop the berries if you are using blackberries or raspberries or other large fruits), then fold them into the batter. Pour/scrap in any juices left behind from chopping the blackberries!
- Line a cupcake/muffin tin with liners or spray it with non-stick spray. Fill the liners all the way with batter, and bake in the 425 degree oven for FIVE minutes only. After the 5 minutes, without taking the muffins out, turn the oven down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy! Muffins keep in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
2 thoughts on “Honey & BlackBerry Muffins”
Sounds so good, but you had me at blackberry!