I meal prep these oatmeal bars for breakfasts and snacks all the time. This recipe is so easy yet so delicious, and with no refined sugar. It can’t get better than this.
This is a one bowl recipe, which means you mix it all up in the same bowl. You start by whisking up the wet ingredients until they are combined.
Sprinkle in the dry ingredients, and mix with a spoon or rubber spatula.
Pour it into a 9 X 13 baking dish and top with whatever your heart desires! I love doing a combination of fruit, chocolate chunks and nuts too.
Bake it and then let it cool completely before cutting into bars! They keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 5 days. I love smearing peanut butter on these or reheating them up with a drizzle of maple syrup…. total yum factor. Enjoy!
Baked Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas (you can also use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 2/3 cups milk, any kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Toppings such as berries, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Then add in the vanilla, maple syrup, honey, milk, eggs, melted butter, and mix well. Then add in the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish (for thicker bars use a 9 x 9 dish). Slice up your berries thinly if using, and lay them flat on top of batter. Sprinkle over any toppings and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and turning lightly golden brown. Let them cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars. They keep in the refrigerator for 5 days in an airtight container. Enjoy!