These banana muffins make the perfect breakfast prep recipe. This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s simple and only uses one bowl. You can leave out the chocolate chips for a bit of a healthier muffin, or add nuts, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or anything your heart desires.
It’s as easy as mashing the bananas and adding the rest of the wet ingredients to them to mash together.
Next you’ll sprinkle in the dry ingredients and stir well. Then just fold in the chocolate chips and the batter is done!!
I like to fill the muffin/cupcake liners all the way to the top, for big and hearty muffins. You’ll bake them at 425 for FIVE minutes only, and then reduce the temperature for the rest of the baking time. This ensures the muffins will rise tall instead of spreading out everywhere.
Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins Recipe:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sour cream or yogurt
- 3-4 ripened bananas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas very well. Add the eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and sour cream and mash it all together with your masher.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt over the wet ingredients evenly. Combine well with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- In a lined muffin or cupcake tin, fill the liners to the top with the batter. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees and then, leaving the muffins in the oven, adjust the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 12 more minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool. Makes 12-14 muffins.
Substitutions: You can use vegetable/canola/coconut oil instead of butter. Brown sugar works well if you don’t have granulated sugar. For a banana bread loaf: bake the loaf at 350 degrees for one hour or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean.
2 thoughts on “Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins”